cognitive cybersecurity intelligence

News and Analysis

Despite email attacks, healthcare still not using DMARC to protect against spoofing

The majority of large healthcare organizations worldwide are vulnerable to email domain spoofing, a leading vector for cyberattacks. Many organizations have not adopted the DMARC standard, which detects and prevents email spoofing. A recent study found that only 1.7% of healthcare organizations surveyed had implemented DMARC at the enforcement level, leaving 98.3% susceptible to impersonation attacks. This lack of protection represents a major risk for healthcare organizations, as phishing emails are the initial point of entry in 91% of successful cyberattacks.

Source: –

Subscribe to newsletter

Subscribe to HEAL Security Dispatch for the latest healthcare cybersecurity news and analysis.

More Posts